Monday, March 30, 2009

Hang in there...

I was sitting in church this morning and my mind began to wonder from the sermon. (I know that never happens to anyone else!) I started flipping through my bible and I came upon a devotion about Faith that was written by Babbie Mason. As I read this passage, I knew that God was speaking to me. The devotion was written off of a passage in Exodus.

"Do not be afraid. Stand still and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will accomplish for you today." Exodus 14:13-14

I don't now how many people have said this phrase to me in the past few years - "Everything will be alright. You just hang in there." Although these words are often very encouraging, sometimes "hanging in there" can be difficult to do. Babbie Mason looks at this phrase a little differently. She views "hanging in there" as flying out of control and being vulnerable. She chooses to encourage people (as I will from this point on) by not saying "hang in there", but "STAND in there"! What a fantastic concept! Jesus Christ literally "hung in there" and gave His life for us, so we can "STAND" in confidence that our foundation will not fall. Why "hang in there" when you can stand still and watch God work a miracle on your behalf?

So, from this point on in my life I will be "STANDING in there". I know God is in control of my life and He will bless me and Robert with a family and until then...
I will stand with confidence knowing that my foundation is secure.

Faith is not believing that God can - it is knowing that He will.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love you! And love that you are blogging. Keep Standing FIRM!!


found this for ya!

http://thepreachers-wife.blogspot.com/2007/01/married-to-ministry-blogroll.html

Stephanie said...

you soo need to read my blog from tonight...you will crack up.