Monday, March 23, 2009

Death to Shower Scum!


Oh my gosh!!!! The soap scum is never ending. I have never scrubbed so hard in my life.


I woke up this morning on a mission. Spring Cleaning! I had Robert take off the shower doors so I could really clean our shower. It needed it badly! Little did I know that I would spend all day on the shower. First, I couldn't get the floor of the shower clean. I was on my hands and knees for over an hour with a razor blade scraping the soap scum off the bottom of the textured floor of our shower. Finally I got it clean. Next, I decided to move onto the shower doors...the shower doors from the pits of you know where! Now I admit that I have neglected my shower doors a bit, but never in a million years did I think the soap scum had built up that bad.


I tried everything: Magic Erasers, Scrubbing Bubbles (3 different types), Tilex, Windex, Kaboom, Bleach, Lysol, Soft Scrub, SOS pads! I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. Yes, I got the worst, but there are still little spots all over it! I can't even scrape it off with my finger nail. I spent almost all of my day in my bathroom cleaning those freakin' doors.
I'm seriously considering throwing them out and just buying new ones!!

2 comments:

The Proctors said...

I hate shower scum and I've been in the exact same place as you have with it! I'll have to get back to you on what she uses, but the lady that cleans our house now has gotten our shower doors the cleanest they have ever been. I think she uses some secret potion or something! :) I'm going to ask her soon!

Lillie's Playground said...

This tip won't help in getting your doors clean but it might prevent it from building up again. We had the same problem and it was driving me crazy. My sister told me to stop using bar soap and only use liquid. I wasn't sure at first but 3 months later I am amazed how much less scum we have!