Tuesday, November 18, 2008

To Micah:

My sweet, precious Micah,

I think of you almost every moment of the day. I long for you, often. I wonder about you. I wonder what you look like. What color are your eyes and your hair? I long to hear your beautiful voice and see your grace on the dance floor. There are so many things that have been taken from me as a mother. I can't hold you and I want to so badly. I want to comfort you when you cry and light up inside when you smile. There are so many things that I won't get to experience with you. I won't get to pick out your Halloween costume next year, which I was highly anticipating. You won't have your picture made with Santa Clause. We won't get to decorate Easter Eggs and hunt them together. I won't drop you off on your first day of school or see you in the school play. You won't be able to introduce me to your best friend... or your first date. I won't see you off to college. And I won't dance with you at your wedding. There are so many things that we won't get to do together, but there is one precious thing that I can't wait for. You will get to introduce me - face to face - to the LORD! What a wonderful blessing. We share a great treasure in each other. We are both children of God. And He is holding us both right now in His arms. I miss you and I look forward to the day that I get to hold you in my arms.

With all my love,
Mom

No comments: