Thursday, November 20, 2008

My love...

I am so blessed! I have the most loving husband anyone could ask for. We've been married now for over 5 years, but we've been together now for well over 10 years. I still remember the first time I saw him. He was wearing a t-shirt, tennis shoes, and these navy and gray plaid shorts (that I think he still owns to this day)! He was the first person that I saw when I walked into my new school my junior year of high school. He was so cute! A few months later we were at a choir retreat. My director was pairing up old members with new members and guess what? She paired me and Robert up. We spent hours talking. We learned that we had so much in common. One thing stood out to me. He was such a gentleman! I mean, I had been out with guys and they were nice, but they were nothing like this. I had never met a guy with this much chivalry. He was incredible! I had a CRUSH! We went through the year getting to know each other and he was becoming more and more desirable to me. No one was better than him. I had to have him! By spring break, he still hadn't asked me out (granted I was dating someone at the time, but I knew it was about to fizzle). We went away on a choir trip during that break. I sat by him the whole week. Any chance I got to be with him, I was there. I was even telling him about the loser guy I was dating, hoping that he would get the hint. So, we are 30 minutes away from being home from our trip and I finally just went up to him and said "Hey, if you hadn't already notice, I like you!" He looked at me like I was losing my mind. I vaguely remember the conversation after that, but I do remember him asking me to JR/SR banquet. It went something like this...

"Well, um, if you and that guy, um aren't going out anymore, um, so, um, do you think you might, um, want to go with me?"

Finally...... I thought that moment would never come. Me and the other guy were history by the next morning.

I won! I got the guy that I had been dreaming of for the past year.

By that summer, we were in love. I couldn't stay away from him. He was amazing! A few years later, we hit a hard time. I was struggling with many things in my life and I didn't really know how to deal. I wasn't myself. I was experience anxiety attacks and literally dealing with a form of depression. He never left my side. He was always there. One night, after one of my fits of rage, I looked at him and I asked him... "Why are you still with me? I've been so horrible to you?" He looked at me with his beautiful eyes and said "This isn't you. This isn't the Brooke that I fell in love with. I'm not leaving you like this. When you get through this, if it still doesn't work, we'll see what happens. But, I'm not leaving you!" Wow! I knew at that moment that he would be the man I spent the rest of my life with. God gave me a precious treasure in Robert Ramsey.

To this day he still amazes me. He wrote me a song when he proposed to me and I'll never forget it. Last night, he shared with me another song. It was precious and beautiful. Maybe one day I'll share it with you, but right now it's something treasured between me and him.

I just wanted you to know a little bit about the man that stands behind me, walks beside me, and leads me. I thank God daily for what He gave me. He knew exactly what I needed. He knew that one day we would face losing our baby, and He knew that it would make us stronger, closer, and faithful. He also knows that there will be many more times that we will need each other. And we'll lean on each other...as we always have. I love you, my sweet husband, and I always will.

I found the one whom my soul loves. I held him, and would not let him go...
Song of Solomon 3:4

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

4 comments:

The Nelson Family said...

Brooke!!! It's so good to hear from you. Kyle & Begina told us about your baby and we have been praying for you and thinking about you during this difficult time. I can't imagine how hard this must have been.
This post was so sweet. And I must agree that you definitely have a gentleman on your hands! You guys are one of those obviously perfect matches and such a darling, sweet couple! I'm so glad you have a blog and we can keep up with you a little better. (I'm going to link you if that's ok). I'll be checking back in soon!

Jill said...

Brooke, thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm so glad you have started a blog, so we can keep up with you guys. I'm rarely on facebook, but happened to be on the night you asked for prayer. I feel honored that I was able to pray for you and Robert, and will continue to do so. Let us know if there is anything we can do!

The Proctors said...

This was the sweetest post!! You and Robert are so special and perfect together! I loved reading how you met!!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you are blogging! I love what you said about Micah being able to introduce you to our Savior one day! Isn't it amazing that our babies are in the arms of their Father right now? I am here if you ever need to vent. I have been through those feelings of 'why is everyone going on like life is normal?' I know this is a difficult time, and you are on my heart and mind. God is so faithful, and He will bring you through, I know that you are seeing that already. Love, Taber